The Language of Flowers - Vanessa Diffenbaugh I received this book from Goodreads Giveaways.

After my recent horrendous experience with The Rose Labyrinth, which had me wanting to claw my eyes out after four sentences, it was wonderful to come across a novel with such a graceful writing style that was apparent from the first page.
For eight years I dreamed of fire. Trees ignited as I passed them, oceans burned. The sugary smoke settled in my hair as I slept, the scent like a cloud left on my pillow as I rose. Even so, the moment my mattress started to burn, I bolted awake. The sharp, chemical smell was nothing like the hazy syrup of my dreams; the two were as different as Indian and Carolina jasmine, separation and attachment. They could not be confused.

That being said, I was really torn as to whether this was a three star book or a four star one. In writing style it was a four. I really found myself sucked into it; it only took me 6 hours to read, and that in one sitting. In the plot, it was a three. The first half of the book's story was very good; the second half had sort of a nosedive as it became more and more predictable. In character development, it was a four. Victoria was well written and well explored. She had believable positive and negative quirks in her personality. In love interest, it was a three. Victoria is fickle and nonsensical and acts completely out of character when it comes to love and sex. I'm not sure she really truly loves him but ends up with him?! Basically, I was torn.

It was like drinking a soda. I loved, loved, loved the beginning of the novel. It was fizzy and exciting and interesting (even though I've read a lot like it). Then somewhere is started to fall flat. The predictability stopped being endearing and the characters became more obnoxious.