Dear Book 3, What the fuck?

The Nine Lives of Chloe King: The Fallen; The Stolen; The Chosen - Liz Braswell

Dear modern guilty pleasure YA books, why does the third book always suck?  Seriously.  What the fuck is up with that?

Okay, so first of all a brief summary.  Chloe is a "typical" (we'll come back to this) teenager who finds out her biological mother and she herself is a cat person known as the Mai.  Tada!  Told you it would be brief.

So, while book 1 and 2 were full of entertainment value.  I had to regularly pretend that Chloe was 18 or 20.  There was just waaaaay too much sex for me to be comfortable reading it in a "she's 16," sort of way.  It was sort of pedophiliac in a few scenes, the one outside a club still makes me cringe just thinking about it.  I know 16 year olds have a lot of hormones and most of them (so it seems) are not virgins, but goddamn, I don't need to read about it in graphic detail.  I'm 27 - it made me uncomfortable and I'm regularly a horny fuck. I'm no prude, I swear.  Sex is part of life, and therefore should be a part of literature, but goddamn, this just made me squirm and not in a fun way.

And the third book.  Can we just say anti-climactic?  It built and built and built and built until it broke ... and then it just ended.